Summer has officially begun, I don’t know about elsewhere in the U.S., but it is H O T in Atlanta! It’s a sticky, scorching mess here, and I desire to simply stay cool, remain hydrated, protect my edges and mind my business. I’m sure that you babes feel the same as I do, but who wants to sacrifice style for the sake of heat?
There are a few tips and tricks that I abide by to maintain a chic summer look while staying cool, and one of those tips is to keep it simple by choosing pieces that are made of light, airy fabrics and that are fuss-free and easygoing. One of my favorite summer pieces is a “sundress,” as Bae likes to refer to it, and there are five types of dresses that every babe needs in her wardrobe this season:
1. Shirtdress – A shirtdress is a classic, modern dress that can be styled for a daytime look with a pair of nude or black pumps or for an evening look with a pair of single sole heels and a wide belt to cinch the waist. Either way, a shirtdress creates a clean, crisp look for the babe who is going for effortlessly chic this summer.
2. Off-the-Shoulder Dress – Any babe who is looking to slay this summer by showing a little skin needs an off-the-shoulder dress. If you’ve been going hard in the gym working on your glutes, then I have a bit bad news for you. Tuck the twins away and cover up those gams because bare shoulders are IN this summer, so if you haven’t done any shoulder presses in a couple of weeks, I suggest you get back on it. Off-the-shoulder dresses are easy and breezy, and you can create a daytime look with block heels or for an evening look with a strappy, lace-up heel.
3. T-Shirt Dress – My casual, cool babes will appreciate a t-shirt dress. With so many concerts and festivals taking place this season, a t-shirt dress is perfect for such events. Style a t-shirt dress with a pair of leather combat boots (yes, even in the summer) or with a pair of sky high gladiator heels. T-shirt dresses don’t require much to make them work, so you will definitely want to reach for this piece in your wardrobe on a day when #youjustcant.
4. Maxi Dress – By far, maxi dresses are one of my favorite pieces to wear during the summer season (next to rompers and jumpsuits)! Why? Maxi dresses are versatile. They come in a wide array of prints, patterns, and colors, as well as a wide array of shapes. In other words, there’s a maxi dress for EVERYONE. I also love maxi dresses because they can be sexy without overdoing it. Choose a maxi dress with a slit exposing a little thigh, and you have sex appeal for days!
5. Fit-and-Flare Dress – Fit-and-flare dresses are great for nearly every body type because they accentuate all of the “right” parts. The “fit” creates a slim, cinched waistline while the “flare” hovers just over the hips. This dress creates a very feminine, ladylike silhouette. The fit-and-flare dress perfect for a backyard barbecue or any summer soiree that you may attend this season, bringing with you a touch of class and sass to the function!
Which of these summer dresses reflects your personal style?
Let me know by leaving a comment below!
Don’t forget to tag me in your summer looks via Instagram!
Simply tag @the.eduslaytor.